• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Stop wasting time looking for files and revisions. Connect your Gmail, DriveDropbox, and Slack accounts and in less than 2 minutes, Dokkio will automatically organize all your file attachments. Learn more and claim your free account.

View
 

Agile Community Engagement - Meeting Minutes

Page history last edited by anies@sbcglobal.net 11 years, 6 months ago

 

April 30, 2009 

Attendees – This was a bust - no one attended.  Rodney called me before the meeting to give a quick update on his Action Item: The Intro to Agile subteam will be using an FAQ format to organize ideas/content for what kind of introductory information is needed.  There may be some overlap/connection to ACE if questions are about finding local groups as an information source.

 

Update on Ainsley's talk with Dan and Jesse: Two major points -

 

1) The story which was initially part of our effort and later removed from the steering committee backlog IS intended to be in scope for us. "Find a place on the wiki to document PMI/Agile chapter collaborations - how they are progressing, what are the outcomes, what have they learned, etc." is back.  I've now added some stories in our Backlog for this.  Depending on the type of collaboration, this could overlap with Events and other areas.

 

2) Global-Scope Community Collaboration & Engagement is not yet an active subteam.  It's likely that it will be segmented in such a way that our subteam will remain separate, so we keep on truckin'.

 

 

April 24, 2009 

Attendees – Dennis Cochran, Denis Doelling , Bryan Smith,  Rodney  Bodamer,  Ainsley Nies

·         Review Action Items – all complete

·         Framework for common understanding of desired outcomes and how we get there

         Subteam Organization

à         Scrum Product Owner = Steering Committee member/surrogate owning the large-sized work item  - Ainsley

à         ScrumMaster = If needed, selected by the team.  Decisionè Not needed

        –         Charter Elements –

à         Relationship to other subteams.  This may change as work progresses but we need to understand at least the current situation.

§         Upcoming Events

§         Recommended Speakers

§         Knowledgebase

§         Intro to Agile

§         Global Collaboration è new subteam

         Build Backlog (two-week iterations)

à         New Epic/Story from SC Backlog - As a practitioner, I want to be engaged in a local Agile community, so that I can network and grow my skills

à         New story appears to reduce scope of work intended; Ainsley to verify.

à         New Global Collaboration subteam seems to subsume what we’re intended to do.  Ainsley will talk to GC team lead to clarify

à         We’ll proceed as planned until hear otherwise.

·         Open Discussion – Our team name isn’t a good fit with what we’re doing.  Change the name to Agile Community Engagement

·         Next meeting - Thursday April 30, 10-11 Pacific time Call: 1-866-740-1260  Pin: 5652879

·         New Action Items

         Dennis asap: update Registry page format, create Open Question page for team discussions and Create Minutes page

         Rodney: check with Knowledgebase and Intro to Agile teams about relationship/boundaries with our team.  Information overlaps, expectations, duplication of effort, etc.

         Ainsley asap: meet with Dan (Global Collaboration) to explore relationships/boundaries of teams/stories.

         Ainsley asap: find out about changing team name

         Ainsley asap: move Minutes to Minutes page

-      Ainsley asap: add "define Agile Community" to Backlog

 

April 21, 2009

Attendees – Dennis Cochran, Denis Doelling , Bryan Smith,  Jim McClelland,  Ainsley Nies

·   Review background of why we’re here

      Overview - http://agile-pm.pbwiki.com/

·   Framework for common understanding of desired outcomes and how we get there

         Chapter Involvement - http://agile-pm.pbwiki.com/Chapter-Involvement

Our overall tasks are to develop a backlog and post Wiki content in support of our intentions to:

1) provide information about Agile groups to PMI members so they know where  to find information about local Agile meetings 

2) find a place on the wiki to document PMI/Agile chapter collaborations - how they are progressing, what are the outcomes, what have they learned, etc.

¤      Idea for additional task – provide information on how to initiate PMI-Agile group collaborations

         Subteam Organization -  http://agile-pm.pbwiki.com/Volunteering

à         Scrum Product Owner = Steering Committee member/surrogate owning the large-sized work item  - Ainsley

à         ScrumMaster = If needed, selected by the team – No decision yet if needed.

         Charter Elements –

à         Mission: work as a volunteer team to design and implement content that will provide world-wide PMI members with access to knowledge of Agile group locations and PMI/Agile collaborations.

à         Objectives –

·         By 31 May 2009, the PMI Agile steering committee has blessed the Chapter Involvement  wiki site features

·         By 31 December 2009, the PMI national magazine has published an article saying how cool the Chapter Involvement portion of the wiki (or website) is

à         Principles –

·         Working in an Agile manner is the most effective way to influence PMI about the benefits of Agile

·         Phone meetings are most effective when participants invest in preparation time before the meeting

à         Relationship to other subteams (Upcoming Events, Knowledgebase, Intro to Agile, etc.). 

§         This may change as work progresses but we need to understand the current situation as we start.

§         What happened to the Social Networking subteam?

        Backlog (two-week iterations)

See Action Items

From the Steering Committee Backlog -

 Value

Provide a central list of various types of user groups

Facilitate collaboration between various types of user groups

 Notes/Acceptance Criteria

à         Solicit volunteers, develop a backlog & post Wiki content for local Agile groups, including PMI LIGs, APLN chapters, SUGs and XPUGs

à         STORY: Start with a basic list of PMI-Agile local collaborations

à         Contact info for each group (e.g. APLN, local interest groups), link to official site, links to social networking tools

à         STORY: Be able to provide guidance for chartering groups

à         Note: linking between social networking groups may aid in discovery

·    Operating decisions

         Next meeting Friday April 21 10-11 am Pacific Time 1-866-740-1260  Pin: 5652879

         We’ll  use wiki page(s) for shared work area

 

·         New Action Items

         Dennis asap: create Chapter Involvement subteam workspace page and table for Backlog on wiki

         ALL: Add considerations for Backlog in workspace

         Ainsley by next meeting: find out what happened to Social Networking group and look into subteam relationship

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.